Contrary to the many advertisements for products that promise to “bring back youth,” aging isn’t always such a bad thing. Having grandchildren, receiving social security perks, and exclusive senior discounts are just some of the perks of being in the “golden years.” Discounts are available on everything from groceries and clothing, to travel and restaurants.
The age threshold for reaping the rewards of these discounts varies, but many start in the 55-60 year range.
Be sure to call your local store location before visiting, as some of these offers are subject to individual location participation. Here are just some of the discounted dining options available to our seniors:
- Applebees – 15% off for those 60 and over
- Ben and Jerrys Ice Cream – select locations offer 10% off for people 60 and over
- Bob Evans – A full senior menu with smaller portions at lower prices for those 55 and over
- Bonefish Grill – This casual seafood chain offers AARP members 15% off, excluding alcohol, taxes, and gratuity
- Boston Market – 10% off for people 65 and over
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill – AARP members receive a 15% discount, excluding alcohol, taxes, and gratuity at participating locations
- Chick-Fil-A – One of the most well-known fast food chains in the U.S. offers those who are 55 and older a free small drink or coffee, along with a 10% discount at participating locations
- Chili’s Bar & Grill – This international chain offers a 10% discount to those 55 and older
- Denny’s – 20% off for AARP members between 4pm and 10pm at participating locations. Coffee is always $1 for AARP members
- IHOP – 10% off for anybody 55 and older at any participating location
- Steak’n Shake – The restaurant made famous by its real-steak steakburgers and authentic milkshakes offers anybody 50 and up a 10% discount on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Waffle House – The breakfast restaurant known for its 24/7/365 operating hours offers those 60 and up a 10% discount on Mondays
Central Florida is home to countless restaurant locations that offer senior discounts, allowing your loved ones to enjoy their favorite foods at reduced prices. Interested in helping a loved one make a move to assisted living? Call us today at 407-270-7500 to learn more or schedule a tour of our facilities.
Want more tips for seniors? Visit their website here!
13798 Cygnus Drive, Orlando, FL 32828